The Barna Group has released a multi-part series on the economic crisis of the last year and how this impacts the church. These reports contain insightful and valuable information as you pray and plan for the year ahead. As a reminder, though research can serve as an indicator and prudent action is always advisable, we walk by faith.
Per the study, the implication is that church and non-profit leaders should prepare for another lean year. Response to this reality suggests avoiding high-risk and untested fundraising efforts and communicating effectively with constituents. In addition, consider proactive financial management, including adjusting income expectations. Avoid using traditional financial projections as reluctant donors are likely to cut back on the number of organizations and frequency of their support.
Action Items You Can Address:
1. Operate your ministry as efficiently as you possibly can.
2. Cast and re-cast your ministry’s vision so that people rally behind the significance of your ministry.
3. Communicate the priority and need of your ministry.
4. Nurture personal relationships with those who actively support your ministry.
5. Preach and teach on real case studies: real-life transformational testimonies are inspirational and remind people of God’s awesomeness.
6. Personally involve those who contribute to your ministry. Nothing serves more effectively than a “hands-on” approach.
Source: Barna Report